In IncomeSchool YouTube video, they shared 74 niches with over 10,000 traffic of which 71 websites are profitable. If you just wish to get the list of websites and reported profits, I included the domain names and profits in a table at the end of this article.
Like many of you I wonder if niche sites Still Profitable? Niche sites are profitable given there are 71 shown on IncomeSchool videos. The list excludes 633 being sold with profit in Flippa, and many other in marketplaces. The main problem is the passive income from most of these niche sites cannot replace income from full time work.
Based on the 74 niche sites mentioned in the IncomeSchool Video, 1 website was completely ignored as it just copied their site. "You just can't steal success" as they said. There are several others with $0 profit and some with exceedingly high profit for the traffic:-
- SheGirlKnows didn't have profit during the video but the author commented she had $250 profit now
- Off-the-beat.com was excluded since it was not monetized, i.e not profitable.
- JobsinChildCare.com was excluded since it had $0 profit too.
- I assumed Algotrading101 $40,000 was yearly too and divided it into 12 months
Doing some simple analysis of profitability of the 73 niche sites (excluding the one that copied results),
- $899 was the average profit for the 73 niche sites
- 67% or 49 niche sites had profit over $100
- 32% or 24 niche sites had profit over $500
- 24% or 18 niche sites had profit over $1,000
- 12% or 9 niche sites had profit over $2,000
I also did a "Just Sold" search in Flippa with monthly profit over $1, and there were 633 results. There are definitely many niche website that are profitable.
Assuming that reported profit included all expenses like hosting and outsourced writing costs, we can say that there are easily 700 hundreds of niche websites that are profitable in Flippa and from the video, excluding the many more available in EmpireFlipper or other marketplaces.
My main problem though, is they don't earn enough to replace a full time job.
Niche Sites That Earned Over The Minimum Income
For example, the estimated US minimum sum in a month is $1,256.7.
Out of all the 73 sites, only 20% (15 niche sites) of the 73 niche sites exceed the US minimum income.
We can safely said that less than half of the website makes sufficient income to replace a full time job.
The good news is that some of the website owners lived in poorer countries and that is a lot of money.
The bad news is for those living in US, the number of unsuccessful niche sites exceed the number of successful niche sites. Therefore, if I was to guess the number of profitable niche sites over the entire internet, I would guess it is less than 1%.
Improve Traffic For Existing Website Owners
If traffic is an issue whereby you either got less than 1,000 traffic per post, you should consider the following
Consider Suitable Social Media Traffic
SheGirlKnows was surprising Income School as it was only a few months old and getting over 20,000 traffic due to Pinterest. As mentioned, it only works if the target audiences of your niches can be found in Pinterest which is predomaintly female. It can work without needing to wait for Google search engine to pick up your content as long as you create suitable content in the social media.
Better Keyword Research
The bulk of successful websites in competitive niches like cooking and mental health is surprising too. The key is definitely winning on the keyword research though I am not sure if the sites did backlinking or other odd methods. It does bring hope to many who avoid Your Money Your Life niches and do not even consider trying them at all.
One example is to use a product comparison (A vs B) post to get more traffic to your site.
This method was detailed in one of IncomeSchool videos, whereby you don't know where the traffic will come from. But after testing with many contents, you will start to know which content works and just focus on it like how you sink an opponent battleship once you get a hit.
Improve Monetization For Existing Website Owners
If monetization was an issue, whereby you earn less than $1,000 for every 30,000 visits, you should consider the following.
Consider Google Adsense Alternatives
Many of the websites relied on Google Adsense which was strongly discouraged by IncomeSchool as Ezoic usually give better CPM and is faster than Adsense.
It was also mentioned that as an IncomeSchool member, there was a tie up with Ezoic and you can join immediately without traffic too. This is definitely helpful for people who had trouble joining Adsense at the start without any traffic as I see those in forum frequently.
Consider Amazon Affiliate Alternatives
Another key recommendation by Income School was to use better affiliate marketing with higher payout compared to Affiliate like Amazon. This is definitely very useful for those in special high paying niches like health or wealth and also those in niches that aren't product driven (like Anime, even Tennis was considered not a good niche given the lack of products).
Niches with High Profit
I will go through some of the websites with the highest profit
Learnvern.com with $7000/month profit
SimilarWeb stated 86,000 traffic per month and mainly from India. Honestly, SEMRush only gave this site 639 traffic/month too so I believed it is really mainly coming from India.
As a owner who had India traffic before which are really low paying in Google Adsense and also seeing the same thing in Facebook Ads (where many people will specifically exclude India, Pakistan, etc), I think this might be a good way to figure how to monetize cheaper overseas traffic if you really lived there and know the market. There seem to be an Apple and Android applications too.
DsmTool.com with $8333.33/month profit
As a dropshipper myself in my country, I heard of DSMTool before and surprised they reported their earnings to IncomeSchool.
Anyway, I am pretty sure the profit include their own product so it isn't really a content niche blog per said and not comparable to someone who is writing a content blog.
oneradwheel.com with $5000/month profit
This is probably a content niche website as I did not see any shop or product pages. It seems to rely on affiliate marketing with Amazon Affiliate and ShareASale affiliate disclaimer.
SimilarWeb reported 0 traffic though and SEMRush reported very low traffic too so I am wondering how it. NeilPatel's suggested around 5,000 traffic mostly on the One Wheel which was a Kickstarter project in 2015 getting over $600,000. Not too sure how this site amass so much profit though
List of 73 Niche Websites Mentioned
- guineapig101.com $1200/month on Guinea Pigs niche
- fantasybookfanatic.com $46/month on Book Reviews niche
- smarthomebit.com $120/month on Smart Home niche
- theprovidentprepper.org $5000/month on Prepping and Self-reliance niche
- switchandclick.com $3000/month on Computer Keyboards niche
- otakuarena.com $23/month on Anime niche
- freearenas.com $5/month on Recreation Hotspot Finder niche
- fitdevops.in $4/month on Site Dev Tutorials niche
- halffullnotempty.com $900/month on Anxiety, Stress, Depression niche
- anaturalcuriosity.org $30/month on Growing Plants niche
- whatbirdareinmybackyard.com $1800/month on Backyard Birds in the USA niche
- eatmyuke.com $250/month on Everything Ukulele niche
- wikiabio.com $120/month on Bios of Famous People niche
- clarifygreen.com $0/month on Living Green niche
- optimizehealth365.com $300/month on TENS Therapy niche
- mrxstitch.com $250/month on Embroidery and Textile Art niche
- yourgirlknows.com $250/month on Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle niche
- rightplantz.com $85/month on Gardeners niche
- tennispredict.com $500/month on Tennis niche
- student-baba.com $14/month on College Class Topics niche
- devourdinner.com $2200/month on Recipes niche
- laviasco.com $1000/month on Psychology of Song Lyrics niche
- learnmechanical.com $250/month on Mechanical Guides niche
- homeguidereport.com $250/month on Smart Home niche
- dogbreedsfaq.com $30/month on FAQs on Dog Breeds niche
- brightlinkprep.com $120/month on GRE & GMAT Prep niche
- undershirtguy.com $824/month on Men's Grooming, Underwear niche
- epicquotes.com $100/month on Quotes about Everything niche
- waftr.com $400/month on General Tech Topics niche
- tropicalfishcareguides.com $2000/month on Tropical Fish Care niche
- weeklyhow.com $200/month on Shopify & Wordpress Dev niche
- off-the-beat.com $0/month on DAW Ableton Guides niche
- edupala.com $6/month on Angular Guides niche
- thecookwaregeek.com $3000/month on Recipes niche
- oneradwheel.com $5000/month on eScooters & eBikes niche
- beaglecare.com $60/month on Beagles niche
- unicornyard.com $75/month on Unicorns niche
- quanswer.com $57/month on Forum for Questions niche
- raspberrytips.com $1300/month on Raspbesrry Pi niche
- algotrading101.com $3333/month on Algorithmic Trading & Python niche
- themummybubble.co.uk $2300/month on Motherhood niche
- thefoodxp.com $600/month on Recipes & Cooking Guides niche
- mktoolboxsuite.com $120/month on Tech Opinions niche
- thepythoncode.com $650/month on Learning Python Coding niche
- thatwowlifestyle.com $2000/month on Weight Loss niche
- electronics-project-hub.com $70/month on Home Electronic Projects niche
- jobsinchildcare.com $0/month on Nanny Job Finding / Listing niche
- digitalfyme.com $250/month on News niche
- personalfinancefreedom.com $500/month on General Finance and News niche
- onlyfunfacts.com $300/month on Random Facts niche
- learnvern.com $7000/month on Tutorials in Tech Topics niche
- healthopolitan.com $40/month on Alternative Diets niche
- TheBeauticle.com $300/month on Health, Beauty, Lifestyle niche
- timelinecovers.pro $80/month on Wallpapers niche
- iriediva.com $150/month on Natural Hairstyle, Beauty niche
- clutchaxes.com $450/month on Throwing Axes & Tomahawks niche
- guitaraffinity.com $200/month on Guitars niche
- improvescripting.com $100/month on Learning Powershell niche
- giftedguru.com $500/month on Educators and Parents niche
- bking.in $80/month on Business Ideas niche
- teamworkdream.com $400/month on Working from Home & Finance niche
- listenandlearnenglish.com $130/month on Learning English niche
- manscipated.com $125/month on Men's Hygiene Tips niche
- thereloadersnetwork.com $320/month on Guns & Ammo niche
- spraygadgets.com $1100/month on Home Painting niche
- oldglasgowpubs.com $50/month on Glasgow Pubs niche
- hayksaakian.com $2000/month on Gaming & Tech Reviews niche
- superheuristics.com $1200/month on Marketing niche
- dsmtool.com $8333/month on Dropshipping niche
- kitchenappliancehq.com $1400/month on Kitchen Appliances niche
- freeemulator.com $43/month on Game Emulators niche
- livelovehealthwealth.com $700/month on Lifestyle, Health, Finances niche
- thesportsnews.in $50/month on Sports News niche